Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Stepping Back

    I clicked the home button twice, and closed Pinterest out for the billionth time. I sat and contemplated everything I had just seen and read. It felt a little bit like eating too much food on Thanksgiving. Not completely unpleasant but that acid reflux starts kicking in and it goes down hill fast. ...Would I remember to bring grippy socks to the hospital? Would my baby latch correctly? Had I washed all the onsies and blankies and prepared her room properly? Did I have a crib/changing table/diaper bag/breast pump/birth plan/going home outfit??? The list is endless, troops of to-do's and what if's circling and circling in my brain. 
     That is why I decided to not read any more "What to bring to the hospital" and "Before Baby To Do's" articles. I am done. And since making that decision, I have been free to look at adorable nursery decorations, or simply relax in my own home without worrying about all the possibilities. Whether you are pro-vaccination or an all natural mama, the last month of pregnancy is one big to do. And I am going to take one day at a time, one breath and bath and water filled glass at a time. 
     No matter what happens in that hospital, or if I get more stretch marks... If I forget shampoo and have dirty hair or my baby doesn't latch right away... I will still be ok. I will praise Jesus for a brand new life and for good doctors and the money to pay for luxeries like hospitals, dry shampoo and nail polish. He will be with me in the birthing room, the post partum room and beyond. He will guide my dear husband and I in our first week with a newborn and the next 18 years of raising her. I will be ok, because He is with me. 

            

No comments:

Post a Comment