Monday, February 16, 2015

I Wait For The Lord

    As the birds chirp in the morning air, I sip my coffee and feel spring coming through the door. Such a wonderful feeling! How He daily loads us with benefits! 
    There are times when I get discouraged. I'm not who I think I should be, who society expects me to be, who the pinteresty, mommy bloggers are... But that is ok. I am becoming who God wants me to be. He is faithful to complete the work He has started... He will present me faultless before the throne of grace with joy! (Philippians 1:6 and Jude 24) 

    Just as I delight in my baby girl, just as she gives me joy unspeakable just by being her... Jesus delights to present us before the Father. "Here, Lord! Look at my child! She is perfect, because I have been making her perfect." I may be biased, but I think Ella is perfect! I know she is a sinner, I won't have to teach her to lie, to scream "No!", or any other little disobedience... But I will still love her, still present her to anyone she meets with pride and joy. And that is Christ for us. He is making us an example of His perfection, His love, His beauty. 
    "Set your heart and your soul to seek the Lord your God." 1 Chronicles 22:19
    "Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces." Psalm 34:5

     I may not be the perfect person, but I know that Christ stands before me, in front of me, behind me. I will be radiant! We have no need of shame for our Heavenly Father, our intercessor is working in our hearts, our lives, our minds.. And we are beautiful to Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment