Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Fresh


The Health and Wellness craze is truly that, a craze. A fad, in vogue and quickly changing. At first it was low fat, then sugar free, low carb, vegan, gluten free and eventually I'm sure they will just tell us to not eat at all!!! God gives us richly all things to enjoy; as long as we aren't gluttonous, we should be fine;). 

I have jumped on this bandwagon too. My husband and I do go to the gym and I enjoy it very much. I feel stronger in body and mind. Surprisingly, exersice can help regulate hormones and mood swings as well as give you endorphins to lift your spirits. 

All that being said, God showed me something recently. 

" For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come. " 1 Timothy 4:8


Exersice is good, wholesome and helpful, but am I more focused on my earthly body than the soul that lasts forever? 

I should be more concerned about my spiritual strength than toning my body...what about toning my spirit? Getting rid of the flab of carnality and the fat of sinfulness. 

I confess that I often overlook sins that I consider "small". The truth is, there are no small sins. Jesus took ALL sin with Him on the cross. How selfish I am to brush some things under the rug for the sake of feeling better about myself. It is similar to those healthy lifestyle choices: you know what you should and shouldn't eat, but those unhealthy treats call your name. When you eat them, you aren't satisfied. 

"Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring?" James 3:11

If I choose to be "bitter" I cannot send forth fresh. 

This life is so short. I want to build the godliness up and tear the carnality down.  Be spiritually strong and never weak to the enemy's attacks. I cannot do that if all I do is exersice my body. I must also exersice my soul. 

It is a promise of Life. Never changing, ever breathing life to our souls. And when we focus in to that, we will be whole. 


No comments:

Post a Comment