Monday, June 15, 2015

Healthy Breakfast Cookie Recipe

I woke up with good intentions this morning, I really did. But by the time 12 pm hit, healthy food wasn't cutting it. The day was dragging and the chocolate was calling my name! I gave into temptation, sad to say...haha! Just kidding...About it being sad, that is.

perfect description of me

Alright, all jokes aside, I would like to share with you one of my favorite healthy snack recipes! It is from Momables and it is a Healthy Breakfast Cookie. Yes, you read correctly! A COOKIE. There you have it. Now, I will link her original recipe here, but I would like to add my changes for you to see :).

Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie

  • ½ cup mashed banana (about 1 large)
  • ½ cup natural peanut butter (or non-peanut)
  • ½ cup honey*
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • ¼ cup whole wheat flour*
  • ¼ cup wheat bran (or an additional ¼ cup flour)
  • ¼ cup nonfat milk powder or vanilla protein powder (+ 2 tablespoons water if dough is too thick)
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ cup white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat two cookie sheets with cooking spray, and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together the banana, peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.
  3. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, flax seed, milk powder, cinnamon, and baking soda.
  4. Stir the oat mixture into the banana mixture until combined. Stir in the cranberries.
  5. Using a ¼-cup measuring cup, drop mounds of dough 3 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. With a thin metal or small plastic spatula dipped in water, flatten, and spread each mound of dough to a 2¾-inch round, about ½ inch thick.
  6. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 14 to 16 minutes or until browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
  7. Store in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw before serving.


 I know it is supposed to be healthy but I have to add a tiny bit of chocolate to ease my sweet tooth...
I also like adding bran because with all the things we eat to back us up, that helps our systems clear out!

These cookies are perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning . 


I hope you enjoy:).

1 comment: